Entry #9 Obesity ads

I came across an interesting ad today and I wanted to share it. This ad shows Mcdonald's french fries in a cigarette container. As you can see the ad tells its audience that obesity kills more than tobacco does. I found this very interesting because I really didn't know that the obesity death rate is way higher than smoking death rates in America. I wanted to share this because obesity is very much a relevant problem in the world right now, and it should be talked about more. The fact America has let it become such a big problem that it's overshadowing cigarette smoking should really make people rethink their eating habits to something more healthier. The "consume with caution" message on the cigarette box was interesting to me also because, In my opinion, it suggests that you should be cautious of how much junk you eat because obesity could come your way. While doing some research on this ad I found a lot more ads similar to this one which proves that this topic is important and shouldn't be ignored. Americans are so invested with fast food that they don't know what it's doing to their bodies and I think this ad portrays that vividly.

Comments

  1. Obesity really is a huge problem in America. I feel a lot of it is due to the higher cost of healthy foods and the way the ease of obtaining a cheeseburger for a buck. People really need to wake up and look at what they are putting in their bodies, and better yet, what they are doing to the earth!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts