Entry #8 Fashion Forward

This past week I have been researching different career paths for one of my classes. I based it on my interests, skills, and values and sure enough, I land on fashion designing. I always thought about fashion growing up as a kid but I never thought to pursue it one day. While doing some research I actually found some great things about the profession. I learned that the salary of fashion designers is around 60k-100k and that the job is growing each year by 3% (truity.com). The profession, however, is very competitive given that there are thousands of designers across the globe, but in order to stand out you gotta have a style of your own. What I like most about fashion is the fact that it's so inclusive. Fashion has no gender, and
anyone and everyone can wear what they want. If I do decide to go down this career path in the near future, I think it would benefit me because I will get to use my artistic abilities for a living and just have fun with it. Traveling all over the world, meeting new clients and attending fashion shows would be an awesome journey for me to take. What I also learned while doing my research is that it fits with my personality types. I'm a very organized responsible person and being in the fashion industry, you must have those to be successful and to be taken seriously. My ideal position in this industry would definitely be a fashion photographer. Like I said in my other blog post, I love combining my love for fashion and my love for photography, so having those two in one is very ideal for me! I'm glad I did this research because it really opened up my mind and really made me start thinking about what the future may hold for me.

Comments

  1. Fashion Is a great career choice for people with that eye for style. I myself would love to become a fashion illustrator its a very interesting job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely do fashion! The pay sounds good but what really would be fun and life changing is the traveling part of the industry! You would be able to be in PARIS, FRANCE for FASHION week. You may meet many designers and who knows how many free samples you could get. Have you seen "The Devil Wears Prada"? Definitely brought the movie to mind when reading your post. Great job and good luck in your career choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be so fun and exciting got do fashion. A different lifestyle and just something new is an amazing experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts