Entry #6 Welcome to the Met
The past summer I had the opportunity to visit New York City for the first time. Experiencing the architecture and the culture there was amazing, but what really made the trip the best was visiting the Metropolitan Museum of Modern Art. What really made me want to visit the museum was the Met Gala that happens every May. It's an event where many celebrities all come together in glamorous attire to visit the museum's new exhibit. So I knew I had to visit the museum when I got the chance while being in New York. The museum had thousands of artifacts from all over the globe such as Greek, Asian, African, Arabian, and American. Seeing all these artifacts in person was a bit overwhelming because of how big the museum was, but I enjoyed the journey. An exhibit that really caught my eye was the Arabic section of the museum. Because of my Arabic background, seeing all the artifacts that were brought in from the time of my ancestors was extremely fascinating. You can really feel the history walking around the museum, the elegant but rustic architecture of the building really captured these time periods.
Another exhibit that fascinated me was the "Camp: Notes on Fashion" which was this year's Met Gala theme. The exhibit displayed an array of tacky and out of the ordinary gowns that you wouldn't necessarily wear. The "Camp" exhibit was designed by Gucci and it was put together to share the history of what camp was really about during the '80s. Fashion has always been an interest of mine and being able to experience this exhibit was just a highlight in my life. The Metropolitan Museum of Art is a great place to learn and revisit our worlds past. If you are ever in New York and are in need of a history lesson, I highly recommend stopping by the Met Museum.

I loved the Met museum also! The camp exhibit was so creative and fun and exciting to look at different views on fashion. Being your brother and coming from the same background as you I enjoyed seeing our a Assyrian culture in the museum.
ReplyDeleteBrian--Your four new entries are quite good. You present interesting ideas and topics, and you are working to develop those ideas. Keep digging into the discussions and analyzing for significance. Good visual appeal and writing flow. Keep it up!
ReplyDelete