Entry #2 Easy Photography Tips
If you visited my "About Me" post you might know that I have a huge passion for photography. Photography is a great way for me to express myself creatively and relieve stress. Photography can be useful in many ways such as in blogs, magazines, newspapers, and even social media. It helps create a nice organized look that your viewers will appreciate! Here are some helpful beginner tips to get you started.
Step 1. Pick a suitable camera- Picking the right camera can be very overwhelming, because of how many choices there are. My advice to you is to do some research and see which camera you gravitate to. Cameras can be extremely expensive and possibly not in your budget range, so do not go overboard! I use the Canon Rebel T6i with a 75-200 zoom lens. I highly recommend this camera because it is easy to use and not too pricey. If you still have any concerns about finding the right camera, you can also use your phone! Devices like iPhones and Galaxies have great built-in cameras that are easy to use and capture great photographs.
Step 2. Think about your composition- When thinking about your composition, you should ask yourself, "what works for my image." Elements like pattern, texture, frame, contrast, and color can change the way your photo looks in seconds. In saying that, you should really think about which of those elements you want to incorporate into your photo to create the look you want!
Step 3. Shoot everything! Practice makes perfect- I cannot express enough how important this step is. Practicing will not only help you improve, but it will make you more comfortable with your camera. That being said, no matter how many photos come out bad, just do not give up and keep going! It took me at least a hundred times to get the outcome I wanted, so just be patient.
Step 4. Always be ready- Unexpected photo opportunities may come out of nowhere and it is best to always get your camera ready. Sometimes you only have a split second to capture an excellent shot.
Step 5. Have fun- This might sound cliche, but have fun! Exploring the world of photography is such a great experience and I hope after reading this you'll think so too.
To wrap this up, here are a few of my works to give you some ideas.





As a photographer I find this post very helpful for people that are looking into this craft or are inspiring photographers. The steps you listed are very important things to know when becoming a photographer, people need to know which cameras to get or what equipment is needed to be successful. I applaud you for making this post it is very helpful to others.
ReplyDeleteI've been meaning to get into photography and I'll definitely be using these tips! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures! I can tell through your words how passionate you are about photography.
ReplyDeletePretty good job with your first entries, Brian. You are working to connect to your audience, and you feel authentic and honest. You are a bit more on the personal blog at times, so keep working to build more professional elements by digging into your content and development to create greater significance for your audience. Don't be too brief.
ReplyDeleteI used to be really into photography! I love the images you provided of your own work! A picture really is worth a thousand words haha. Is there a certain type of photography that you enjoy? Like abstract or realism? Love your blog so far!
ReplyDeleteReally awesome pictures!
ReplyDelete